The AWS Developer will initially be responsible for helping transition our systems to the AWS platform. Once we are up and running, this person will be responsible for both developments of new applications as needed and support of the existing applications. The successful candidate will demonstrate an understanding and willingness to perform in the role with the following activities.
- Participates in the development, testing, and implementation of efficient, cost effective application solutions.
- Responsible for developing and maintaining the systems, to meet the needs of rapidly growing and dynamic products. These systems produce highly sensitive information requiring the highest level of integrity.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Understand the current application infrastructure and suggest plans to help with a smooth transition from current to AWS.
- Define, document and maintain best practices and strategies regarding application deployment and infrastructure maintenance
- Migrate our infrastructure with zero downtime to a highly available, scalable one
- Set up a monitoring stack
- Define service capacity planning strategies
- Take ownership of systems. This includes proactively seeking areas for improvement, willingness to make corrections for others, and a desire to find solutions instead of roadblocks
- Designs and builds new subsystems or major enhancements to existing systems in line with Enterprise Architecture standards.
- Provides analysis and support for the various systems supported by the team.
- Researches support issues, business requests, and potential solutions.
- Collaborates with others on existing systems, new technologies, design techniques, etc.
- Adheres to standards including coding, testing, and methodology.
- Participates in code review process for peers.
- Exercises an in-depth understanding of specific tools or technologies applicable to our business.
- Research and evaluate alternative solutions and recommends the most efficient and cost effective solution for the systems design.
- Perform/ensure quality assurance by reviewing testing results and performing code reviews
- Effectively communicates with business partners, peers and management.
- Participates in off-hours support (on call) of production systems and processes on a rotation basis.
- Responsible for problem resolution and correction of production/operational problems as assigned.
- Mentors others in areas of expertise, including current technologies, systems, business practices, and standards.
- Assists in developing and improving procedures, standards, and best practices.
QUALIFICATIONS: Required Skills
- Experience in application development suing Spring Framework, Hibernate, and AWS
- 8 total years of IT experience
- 3 years experience of hands on experience with AWS services to include APIs/Micro-services development using Server less architecture, EC2 implementation, VPC, Lambda, S3, Glacier, Deep Archive, Cloud front, API Gateway, SNS, STEP, SQS, Neptune, SES, Route 53, Elastic Beanstalk, Cloud Watch, Cloud Trail, Cloud Formation templates, Cognito and AWS Code Pipeline
- 5 years experience in Web services development using Spring Framework/Spring Boot
- Strong experience in DevOps/AS400 (DB2)
- Experience with Atlassian tools (Jira, GitLad, Confluence)
- Experience securing the cluster
- Experience in Databases like Oracle, PostgreSQL, Redshift, Dynamo DB
- Good with Shell and Python scripting
- Should have experience in Application servers (JBoss, Weblogic)
- Have good knowledge in Docker fundamentals
- Strong knowledge in security concepts
- Familiar with PCI/PII compliance
- Ability to identify issues and proactively determine ways to resolve them.
- Strong business acumen for assessment of commonly requested changes and proactive identification of customizations that could help the business.
- Ability to communicate (verbal and written) with both technical and non-technical people at the appropriate level, in a clear concise manner.
- Strong team and collaboration skills
• Bachelor Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Information Systems or IT Related