As a member of the Technology Organization, you will be part of the team that serves the needs of Franklin Madison Group, TN. We are committed to teamwork, encourage collaboration and innovation that is smart, customer-focused and solutions-oriented.
The Technology Team supports the development, implementation and ongoing maintenance of Insurance systems. This team has the expertise and commitment to developing high-quality solutions to meet the needs of a fast-paced and complex operating environment.
The QA Test Lead role is responsible for Off Shore coordination, providing thought leadership, sharing KPI’s with Senior Management and taking the QA team to the next level. This person will be the sole onshore QA contact for IT and the Business team. This is a hands-on leadership role and involves working on multiple parallel projects.
- Leads and mentors offshore testing team members.
- Provide QA Leadership to both Maintenance and New Projects
- Mentor and direct other Test Engineers in automation principles.
- Constantly evaluate the test automation strategy and approach to identify areas of improvement (i.e. test automation frameworks, dynamic data collection methodologies, coding standards, components, and object repository methods, etc.)
- Oversees all aspects of the QA process including but not limited to metrics collection, applying industry best practices, and developing new tools and processes to ensure organizational quality goals are met.
- Creates and/or assists in the creation of all QA work products for their team: Test Plans, Requirements Traceability Matrices, Test Cases, Metrics creation, Risk and Priority based testing analysis and test evidence collection.
- Ensure QA team generates test cases based on requirements and other documents provided by business and development partners.
- Partner with product owners and developers to identify areas for improved efficiencies.
- Able to generate or mine test data as required for project testing.
- Assigns and executes necessary tests.
- Proficient in QA Defect Reporting. Working knowledge of JIRA.
- Understands key daily reporting elements needed for stakeholders and partners
- Reports status of QA progress and health to senior test and project leadership
- Partners with development and business resources in all phases of SDLC
- Experienced in test forecasting and support
- Manages staff appropriately for application support
- Leads the design and execution of functional, backend and end to end testing as well as regression
- Cultivates and disseminate knowledge of quality assurance best practices.
- QA automation experience using Editor-IntelliJ, Selenium Web Driver, Geb-Spock framework, Groovy Programming, DB2 Database connectivity & Gradle build tool preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Computer Information Sciences, and/or technology related field required of which 3-5 years in a QA Leadership role, 5-7 Years of overall QA experience.
- Proficient in creating test strategies, test plans, and test cases.
- Must have knowledge and experience in Software Development Life Cycle.
- Ability to communicate at both functional and technical levels with management and technical teams.
- Some knowledge of performance assurance testing.
- Able to demonstrate business acumen, problem-solving and relationship management skills.
- Ability to work effectively with continuous change and short deadlines environment.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills (English required).
- Ability to operate independently and take ownership of project and support test requests without close supervision, but also be able to work as part of a team.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a consistently changing environment.
- Proficient in SQL (query, inserts, updates, joins).
- Perform testing with JSON/XML API transactions.
- Working knowledge API and Services testing (preferably SOAP UI or similar tools).
- Preference will be given to candidate with working knowledge of AS400.