The Print Production Coordinator will manage the production and printing of direct mail packages along with packaging collateral for assigned products. They will ensure the package integrity is consistent for all clients. In addition, the Print Production Coordinator is charged with the responsibility of effectively managing and coordinating the graphic production jobs from the beginning request through releasing to print, ensuring timely, cost-effective and accurate fulfillment of client requests and printed materials.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage and facilitate production from start to finish which includes job pre-screening, data entry, and daily proof execution through all phases of print production to mail drop.
- Perform pre-screen audit of all jobs received into Graphics. Review jobs for accuracy and all information needed to produce piece. Submit questions and/or verification to requestor.
- System entry into internal GPS and Job Tracker systems.
- Supervise, monitor and coordinate all services performed by print vendors to achieve timely deliveries, accuracy and that the quality is consistent with Franklin Madison’s standards. Proof and sign-off on accuracy of copy, graphics, color and quality in every phase of pre-press and production of printed items.
- Ensure cost effectiveness of print runs.
- Obtain competitive quotes by skillfully negotiating with approved vendors.
- Manage and adhere to complex schedules for multiple projects within strict time constraints.
- Support Marketing/Product teams with new creative execution.
- Act as liaison between internal departments, Graphics, and external print/mail vendors to coordinate and achieve timely and accurate mechanicals/mailings.
- Assist with brainstorming and developing process improvement concepts and implement as needed.
- Identify and solve or escalate issues relating to production, which impacts timeliness, quality, or accuracy.
- Actively maintain and continually develop knowledge of new products, industry trends, and standards including all current postal regulations and requirements.
- Preparation of special reports and projects, as required.
- Meet assigned department and personal goal.
- Take part in special projects and assignments.
- Cross-train to assigned production staff member(s) as back-up resource for products.
- Adhere to departmental and company policies and procedures.
Education and Experience required:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent related work experience.
- Minimum of 3 years of related experience in a print production environment with heavy monthly print volumes.
- Related pre-press and/or printing industry experience, knowledge of printing process (pre-press through bindery) and/or related client creative execution within a fast paced production environment.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities required
- Strong verbal and written communication skills. Meticulous attention to detail. Ability to manage multiple, complex tasks within deadlines in a fast-paced environment. Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Knowledge of prepress, paper, printing, lettershop and current postal regulations desired.
- Must be able to develop and maintain effective working relationships – intra- and interdepartmentally and with vendor representatives.
- Must be able to work independently as well as in a team environment.
- Good follow-up and follow-through.
- Both independent and team decision-making tactics. Ability to identify the need for expert input and authority to request the same.
- Exceptional PC skills – MS Excel, MS Outlook, MS Word, Access