The Contracts Manager will be a key driver in accelerating the contracting process from drafting, negotiations, and close to client on-boarding. They will take the primary role in drafting and managing redlines of client contracts. The Contracts Manager will work in collaboration with Sales to resolve issues and update agreement drafts directly with clients. This role will be integral in helping to drive key projects across multiple teams to streamline contract flow, effectiveness and efficiency, will work closely with our client onboarding team and project manage to ensure a seamless transition from contract execution to Client Services, ensuring all parties are aware of the key components of the deal.
The Contracts Manager will support client contract requests received from across the company. This individual must be able to partner with sales, brokers and clients to listen, understand contract issues and productively resolve and negotiate to final contracts.
This position also functions as the primary contract point of contact for internal departments regarding client contract- related needs; including contract execution and compliance. The Contracts Manager must be detail oriented, professional, responsive, and able to effectively balance multiple priorities.
- Produce standard and non-standard contracts, in accordance with approved guidelines and assist in facilitation of client/business relationship from beginning to end.
- Work with Sales executives and other contract requestors to determine personalization/customization requirements on contracts.
- Prioritize contract requests based on size of client, income projections, client sensitivity and risk to revenue.
- Prior to effecting any changes, research current contract and amendments if applicable, and validate the appropriateness of any requests to maintain strategic consistency.
- Research history and details of each proposed client contract request via internal systems and external directories.
- Obtain management approval of non-standard contract terms, escalating any questions or issues falling outside the pre-approved guidelines to appropriate senior levels.
- Under management supervision, work with clients and their legal counsel to draft and negotiate non-standard contract terms.
- Assist Sales executives with handling simple contract questions/issues specific to the strategy/product in question.
- Input contract production and revision information into the contract database and file management system.
- Facilitate countersignature of all contracts, monitor turn-around time, and facilitate delivery of original countersigned contracts to appropriate Sales Support for delivery back to client.
- Process client termination notices, provide back-up support to (Senior Contract Specialist with regard to termination contract analysis).
- Track and report progress regarding established metrics.
- Create, update, and maintain contract templates as needed.
- Perform other duties as needed.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s Degree is required, Paralegal certificate is preferred
- 5+ years’ experience in contract development required
- 5+ years in a corporate Paralegal role preferred
- Project Management experience preferred
- Proficiency in Word and Excel required
- Insurance industry experience preferred
- Must possess strong decision making, organizational, analytical and problem solving skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; must have the ability to interact across all levels of the organization
- Must be extremely detail-oriented with excellent time management and critical thinking skills
- Must have the capacity to learn quickly and deliver a high quality work product